Wednesday, December 30, 2009
Tuesday, December 22, 2009
Tuesday, December 1, 2009
Wednesday, November 25, 2009
Last Friday, our school received an interesting visitor. His name is Sean, he is 21 years old and comes from Cornwall, England. He wants to ride a bike all the way from Cornwall to Cape Town, in South Africa! He is doing it to help some charities. While he was riding accross Madrid, he got lost and stopped here to ask for directions, and we were talking with him for a while. Later Antonio drove him to Pinto, and there he continued his trip.
If you want to know more about his project, you can click on http://www.ridingouttherecession.co.uk/about_me.html. There you can donate to the charities he is supporting, too.
You can also see what he is doing by following him on Twitter: http://twitter.com/SeanMaher88
Thursday, November 19, 2009
multiple choice, www.better-english.com
bradleys english school jigsaw 1
bradleys english school jigsaw 2
bradleys english school jigsaw 3
bradleys english school jigsaw 4
bradleys english school jigsaw 5
English for you gap game
wordmania concentration game 1
wordmania concentration game 2
manythings concentration game 3
bradleys-english-school concentration game
pumpkinandcompany gap game
learnenglishfeelgood.com gap game
For even more exercises, you can visit http://agendaweb.org/verbs/past_simple.html
Saturday, October 31, 2009
Friday, September 18, 2009
The Summer cat title refers to the fact that many people abandon their pets (cats or dogs, usually) when the summer comes and they go on holidays. This songs talks about a man whose girlfriend leaves him after the holidays, probably because she's going back to her home.
Read this USEFUL VOCABULARY before you listen to the song:
Hold so close — abrazar tan fuerte
Wanna — want to
chilly wind —viento frío
whip —golpear (a veces también significa batir)
gonna —going to
wave my hand — mover la mano
Worn out hat — sombrero viejo
broken hearted —con el corazón roto
break into —entrar en un sitio por la fuerza (e.g. para robar)
instead —en vez de (hoy)
Thursday, September 10, 2009
What do you think of the cake? Would you like to bake one?
Would you like to share any recipes yourself?
Wednesday, May 20, 2009
Here are some details about life in Britain. Find out the following details:
1) When do men usually get married in Britain?
2) What is the most expensive type of house in Britain?
3) Does the traditional English breakfast have eggs?
4) Is Indian food easy to find in Britain?
5) What is a kilt?
6) Who is Vivienne Westwood?
7) Give the name of ONE member of the Beatles.
8) Give the name of ONE song by Oasis.
9) What is Hogmanay?
10) When is Guy Fawkes' Day?
Friday, April 24, 2009
Monday, March 2, 2009
Dawoud Bey is an American photographer and a professor of photography at Columbia College, Chicago. He was born in Queens (New York City). One of his specialities is making photographies of teenagers. On his site, http://www.dawoudbey.net/, you can find many examples of his work. Today we are going to focus on his most recent work, Class Pictures, which was reviewed by Time Magazine. Each of the picture has a few sentences about what the subjects think that defines them -- their personality, interests, family or everyday life. Follow the link to answer these questions. You can work in groups and use the dictionary:
- Why does Simone think she's part of a minority?
- Why does Kevin think his father's death had a positive side?
- What does Ziarra want to study when she's older? Why?
- What is Austin's favourite sport?
- Is Danny always outgoing and outspoken?
- What did Marieke do at dinner when she liked a book?
- What does Omar think people notice first when they look at him?
- How has Christopher's cancer changed his personality?
- Does Sarah think being "Normal" is important?
- What's special about Jordan's family?
- What attitude does Isabel hate?
- What motivates Rasec?
- How many languages does Usha speak?
- Does Alejandro want to have a brother or a sister?
- When is Robert getting married?
- What does Shalanta want to study when she's older? Why?
As an extra work, you can take a picture of yourself and write a text about it.
Monday, January 12, 2009
Better English lessons (1)
Better English lessons (2)
Interactive Workbook (Pedro F. de la Iglesia)
Eric Squire's web